TeleCommunity is a FREE program for students, ages 10 to 18.
Our sessions take place in The College Hall Building, Room 336 on the Duquesne University campus. We usually meet on alternating Saturdays during the school year. Summer sessions run for a five-day week in July. Check our schedule for the exact times and dates.
When to Register
TeleCommunity accepts new students throughout the fall, winter, and spring. Just make sure you register before your first session.
Space is limited for Summer Sessions, so try to register in early. (Summer registration opens in March.)
How to Register
First, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Your Child’s name
- Your Child’s birthdate
- An emergency Phone Number
Next, fill out the mandatory enrollment forms.
- TeleCommunity Permission Slip (hard copy)
- Duquesne University Consent Form (online)
Complete instructions for these forms are listed below in the DOCUMENTS section below.
You will receive a confirmation email when your child is successfully enrolled.
While the program itself is free, it is strongly suggested that students bring the following materials:
- A USB flash drive to save your work.
- Headphones (for digital music).
- A snack to munch on during break.
- Boundless energy and enthusiasm.
There are only three documents for TeleCommunity students. Current documents expire at the end of April, so make sure you renew them as needed.
TeleCommunity Permission Slip (Required)
Please print a hard copy of the TeleCommunity Permission Slip. Fill it out and take it to your first class. Do not send a digital copy.
Duquesne University Consent Form (Required)
We will need you to fill out the Duquesne University Consent form http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50843659108965, which gives minors permission to visit the college campus. Use this information to complete the Consent
- Program Name: TeleCommunity Program
- Department/Organization Name: McAnulty College
- Program Coordinator Name: James Swindal
- Program Location: Duquesne University, College Hall
- Start Date: September 8, 2018
- End Date: April 27, 2019
- Method of travel if applicable: N/A
- Location of overnight accommodations if applicable: N/A
Use of Image Consent Form (Optional)
We also suggest parents complete the Use of Image Consent form https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/50845230027952, which gives permission for your child to be photographed at Duquense events. This form is not required.
The Image Consent Forms requires the same information listed above, as well as our coordinator’s email address (email@example.com)