TeleCommunity Summer Studio 2012
To register, please contact us at email@example.com. Please provide your child’s name, age and a phone number for registration. We will send a confirmation email when your child is enrolled. Students will also need:
- 1) A Permission Slip (PDF) signed by a parent.
- 2) A USB flash drive to save your work.
- 3) Headphones (for digital music).
- 4) A snack to munch on during break.
- 5) Boundless energy and enthusiasm
July 18 -20 (wed – friday) ; 12:30pm – 4:00pm College Hall, Floor 1 Lobby (facing the Parking Lot) and room CH 105 for movie screening
“NewsToons”View our brochure! (PDF)
Celebration for Family and Friends Friday, July 20, 2.00pm
Computer Art prints, animations, games, and other displays of digital artwork collected from TeleCommunity’s Saturday Studios as well as from the Summer Studio, are on show for family & friends, and for the Duquesne community. Our members take on the role of Gallery docents and enjoy explaining their computer artwork to visitors.
Summer Studio Schedule 2012
Mon., July 9 – Fri., July 13 1-5pm Mon., July 16 – Fri., July 20 1-5pm
Our two week Summer Studio is designed to give school students an opportunity to produce computer graphics, to prepare art work for display, and to participate in the installation and gallery process. These early professional experiences promote responsibility and team building, as well as problem solving and creative expression. Individuals will balance their time between Studio and Gallery activities.
We meet in College Hall 336 (412 396 4164). Students who have been working on Saturdays during the year will have a chance to develop and complete new projects during the intensive weekday studios. Newcomers will learn and practice new skills and use them to create interesting story ideas. We expect that by the end of the session, students will have created work that is a synthesis of imagery and animations which have been developed using different types of software. Finished pieces will be placed in the Gallery Exhibition and featured online in the Student Artwork section of Telecommunity.org.
Our current theme is NewsToons. With NewsToons, young artists will recreate and interpret news events taken from the headlines. 2D animated versions of actual news stories will be enhanced by means of exaggerated effects, opinionated viewpoints, distorted representations and caricatures, substituted story characters, and through techniques influenced by political cartoons, anime, and story-boards.
Each student will need:
- A completed Permission Slip with an up-to-date emergency contact number. Can be found on our website: www.telecommunity.org.
- Storage media – jump drives (at least 250Meg).
- Headphones (for digital music)
- A snack to munch on and a cold drink or two – every day.
- Boundless energy & enthusiasm – no other prerequisites.
Registration begins on Sat., April 14. All students must sign up in advance to attend July summer sessions. No fees are necessary.Current Activities include:
- Flash Animations, Narratives and Character Development.
- Photoshop Art and Digital Printing Basics.
- Digital Painting with Intuos tablet and pen.
- Interactive Game Experiments
- Draw/Scan/Animate – a way to animate your favorite sketches.
- Digitized Collages are mixed media activities.
- Participation in the Website Team and Art Exhibition Installation.
- Dynamic Studio Experience.
This Summer’s Offerings
Photoshop/Flash – Animated News… Time to make headlines! Students will take a look at real news stories then create their own “newscast” in the form of an animated cartoon. But it wouldn’t be fun if we just stuck to the facts. Students will put their own spin on the stories by adding exaggeration and a healthy dose of hyperbole.